Duration: 1 day for attendees of our ‘Access For All’ and ‘Marketing Your Accessibility’ workshops, 3 days for the complete Accessibility Champion programme.
An Accessibility Champion is someone who spearheads the drive to maintain and improve accessibility in your organisation in addition to their line responsibilities. This key individual keeps up to date with the latest developments in accessibility, networks with local organisations and community groups to make them aware of your accessible offering and trains other staff in accessibility awareness.
Having undertaken our Access For All workshop and Marketing Your Accessibility workshop, this programme equips attendees with all the additional skills and resources they need to fulfil this key role including the ability to deliver modular Accessibility Awareness training workshops to other staff.
By the end of the workshop you will have:
- Developed an understanding of the role of the Accessibility Champion
- Understood the content of the modular Accessibility Awareness sessions
- Had the opportunity to deliver part of the modular Accessibility Awareness sessions and gained feedback
- Learned the most effective ways to keep abreast of the latest accessibility developments
- Understood the importance of networking with community groups to increase engagement and improve accessibility
- Become part of the National Network of Accessibility Champions
- Improved your skills, knowledge and confidence in being an Accessibility Champion