Duration: 1 day
Having a selection of accessible venues in an area is important but it takes more than that to create an accessible destination.
This requires the provision of excellent, accurate accessibility information about your destination, the availability of a range of accessible facilities and equipment within an accessible infrastructure and outstanding customer service from people who truly understand the needs of disabled people and who work in partnership to facilitate access for all.
This workshops guides you through the key steps in assessing the current accessibility of your destination and supports you in developing a destination-wide action plan for improvement.
By the end of the workshop you will have:
- A greater understanding of accessibility in the U.K.
- Understood the potential barriers faced by disabled people
- Experienced some of theses barriers for yourself
- Learned practical tips as to how these may be overcome
- Learned how to audit the accessibility of your destination
- Developed an action plan to improve the accessibility of your destination