Duration: 1 day
A Sensory Story is an ideal tool for introducing someone with autism to the sensory experiences they might expect on a visit to your venue in a ‘safe’ way: through a ‘story’ which can be used as a familiarisation tool both before and during their visit.
This workshop, believed to be the only one of its kind in the U.K, will develop your understanding of the potential barriers faced by people with autism and introduce you to the ways in which a Sensory Story can help to overcome some of them.
During this workshop you will learn the skills and techniques needed to create a great Sensory Story then work as team to describe and photograph each stage of the customer journey through your venue to create a bespoke Sensory Story of your own!
By the end of the workshop you will have:
- A greater understanding of the needs of, and barriers faced by, people with autism
- Experienced some of theses barriers for yourself
- Learned practical tips as to how these may be overcome
- Learned the key skills and techniques needed to produce a Sensory Story
- Photographed and described the stages of the customer journey through your venue from a sensory perspective
- Produced a draft Sensory Story for your own venue